Statement of Purpose:
The Academic Senate is organized under the provisions of the California Code of Regulations, Title 5, shall represent the faculty and make recommendations to the administration and to the Board with respect to academic and professional matters, so long as the exercise of such functions does not conflict with the lawful collective bargaining agreement.
The Academic Senate's annual goals reflect a commitment to "an effective process of collaboration and collegial consultation conducted with integrity and respect to inform and strengthen decision-making" (Strategic Initiative C).
- Establish a diverse representation on all campus.
- Establish an orientation for Academic Senate.
- Increase communication between Senators and their constituents through increased email contact and regular reporting out during Division.
- Increase faculty attendance and involvement at Academic Senate.
- Assist in the growth of faculty professional development activities on campus.
- Support and assist in the structure and implementation of AB288: Public schools: College and Career Access Pathways Partnership Agreements with local highs.
- Support Strong Workforce efforts on campus.
- Increase transparency and communication between faculty and administration.
Meeting Dates and Location:
1st & 3rd Thursday of every month.
|Fall 2019||Spring 2020|
|September 5||Board Room||February 20||Board Room|
||Board Room||March 5||Board Room|
|October 3||Board Room||March 19||Board Room|
|October 17||Board Room||April 2||Board Room|
|November 7||Board Room||April 16||Board Room|
||Board Room||May 7||Board Room|
|December 5||Board Room||May 21||Board Room|
|June 4||Board Room|
Academic Senate Committee Membership:
|Jesse Millsemail@example.com||Vice Chairperson|
|Sean Moorefirstname.lastname@example.org||Curriculum Representative|
|Mahbub Khanemail@example.com||Adjunct Representative|
|Jerome Evansfirstname.lastname@example.org||Board Representative|
|Brent Kooimanemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Pamela Richardsonfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Shirley Thomasemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Hoa Phamfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Minodora Moldoveanuemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Harvey Estradafirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Malinni Roeunemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Jose Villalobosfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Kent Schwitkisemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Rajinder Sidhufirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Andree Valdryemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Carlos Marurifirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Holly Schumacheremail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Paul M. Florfirstname.lastname@example.org||Past Chairperson|