Compton College Construction Information
As we continue to improve the grounds and facilities at the Compton College, there
will be some inconveniences along the way.
12/17/19 UPDATE: Additional Construction Areas Fenced Off
In preparation for the construction of Instructional Building 2 and underground electrical
work, additional fencing will be installed, and the current construction site will
- New construction fencing will be installed between Rows C and D in the grassy area
beginning Thursday, December 5, 2019,
- Sidewalks and paved pathways will remain open through Saturday, December 14, 2019
and will close as needed during construction.
- Parking Lot D will be fenced off beginning Saturday, December 14, 2019 and will remain
closed through Sunday, January 5, 2020. Parking Lot E will remain open.
- The construction fencing, north of Row D (Rooms D32-D42), will be moved against the
exterior wall of that section of classrooms beginning Saturday, December 14, 2019
for the duration of construction.
- Construction fencing will be extended along the north side of the cafeteria, bookstore
and Office of Student Life (Building R). Access will be for deliveries only.
- Trash bins will be relocated to an area west of the Office of Student Life.
1/31/19: Construction Fencing Installation Begins January 31, 2019
The construction site for instructional buildings 1 and 2 at the north end of campus
will be fenced off beginning January 30, 2019. Equipment staging and parking for construction
personnel will be included in the fenced-off construction site.
Pedestrian access, parking, and traffic will be impacted through January 2021 as follows:
- Row G and the west wings of Rows E and F will be demolished. Rows C and D and the
east wings of Rows E and F will remain open.
- Pedestrians will be redirected west and east of the construction site. Please see
the campus map below for accessible pathways.
- Construction-related traffic will use the west Greenleaf Avenue entrance. Parking
Lot F can be accessed from both Greenleaf entrances.
- At the north end of campus, restrooms will be available in the Allied Health Building,
Rows C and D, and in the Student Lounge.
As always, proceed with caution around construction sites, construction parking and
For more information regarding this construction project, please call 310-900-1600,
Alternative Transportation Suggestions
We are also suggesting that carpooling or the use of public transportation might be
viable options for some people. Information about local public transportation can
be found online at: www.compton.edu/campusinformation/publictransportation.aspx
Carpooling to Compton College is a great way to save money and reduce parking hassles.
Compton College currently offers incentives for employees who sign up for the rideshare
program. For more info, please contact the Compton College Employee Transportation
Coordinator, at 310-900-1600, ext. 2141 with any questions.
- The safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is always a primary
concern at Compton College.
- In an emergency, contact campus police 24/7 by calling 911 from any pay phone on campus;
or by calling 310-900-1600, ext. 2999 from a cell phone.
- Night students and faculty are encouraged to park in the same general area as other
faculty or students with night classes in their building; this provides the opportunity
for a group of students and faculty to walk to their cars after dark.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity to campus police.