Transfer Requirements

Transfer Requirements


Transfer Planning

Students will need to complete transfer requirements and general education requirements for the university they plan to attend.  For a complete list of transfer and general education requirements, meet with a Compton College  Counselor. For information regarding course transfer and articulation for Calfornia public colleges and universities, visit the web page. 

The transfer and articulation information is subject to change based on curriculum updates and changes. Please review a current catalog of the transfer campus, the website, and consult with a counselor for more information.

Transfer General Education Patterns

IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) is appropriate for students who intend to transfer to the UC or CSU system. Depending on your choice of a UC or CSU and your major, other options are available: UC campus specific breadth, CSU lower division general education certification pattern, or CSU campus specific GE pattern. Students pursing majors that require extensive lower division preparation may not find IGETC to be advantageous. Students are advised to meet with a counselor to see if IGETC is an appropriate transfer pattern.

IGETC/CSU Certification

Request an IGETC/CSU Certification

Requesting an IGETC/CSU Certification must be done in writing. Click here to complete the IGETC/CSU Certification. Once you submit your request, your eligibility for certification will be evaluated. If you are eligible, you will be contacted by an Admissions representative letting you know that your certification has been posted and that you may request a certified transcript. Once contacted by Admissions, you will need to request a transcript to be sent to your transfer institution. Any fees associated with your request will be collected at that time. 

Please wait to hear from an Admissions representative before ordering a transcript. If you request a transcript before being contacted, your transcript may not contain your certification. We will not refund fees paid for transcripts that do not contain your certification if you requested them prior to being contacted by Admissions. If that transcript was one of your two free transcripts, you will not be compensated with another free transcript.

Associate Degrees for Transfer

The Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) is a degree offered at California Community Colleges. Students should meet with a counselor to develop an educational plan to pursue this degree, rather than the traditional AA or AS degree. The AA-T or AS-T degree allows students to meet minimum eligibility requirements, while guaranteeing admission to a CSU (not necessarily to a specific campus or major). With the AA-t or AS-T degree, students may be given a GPA bump when applying to an impacted campus outside the local area, or to an impacted major that is deemed similar.  Once admitted to a degree program deemed similar, students will have the opportunity to complete a bachelor's degree with 60 semester units at the university. Students should meet with a  counselor to determine which CSU's offer bachelor's degrees that correspond or are deemed similar to the AA-T or AS-T at Compton College. For additional information, please review the following website. Click here to view the AA-T of AS-T that is deemed similar to the CSU.

CSU GE Breadth is appropriate for students who intend to transfer to a California State University (CSU).

Image of decor layer 3 Image of decor layer 2 Image of decor layer 1

We're Here to Help! Create Your Success Story at Compton College.

Image of a young man in sunglasses in his graduation cap and gown